Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Agility Brags


Pogo earned his ADCH title last weekend at the USDAA trial in San Marcos. We had been chasing our last Q which had to be a Snooker Super Q for 10 months. I had just decided to give up! Then Sunday, in our Snooker course, instead of asking Pogo for four 7s in the opening I picked a course that flowed well for his skills and we finished the course! But only took one 7, one 5 and two 4s, so I knew we were well below all the four 7 dogs and there was no way we would be in the top 15%. I notice Jane, looking at the score sheet and she looks up and motions to me that I’m in second place. I suddenly got weak in the knees. There were still at least 10 more dogs to run. It was a long wait to see if we would get completely knocked out and a lot of “Oh, Darn, too bad” (with an uncontrollable smile) as each competitor knocked a bar or went off course. We ended up 3rd Place out of all the 22” and 26” dogs.

Then, on Monday, I found out that both Pogo and Trixi had finished in the Top Ten dogs for their breed in the country for NADAC agility.

My dogs rock!


No comments:

Post a Comment